Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Tiffany Grabowksi Named Volunteer of the Quarter



(Tiffany and her son, Kole Alan)

Tiffany was awarded Volunteer of the Quarter for October through December 2011. She interned with Family Support Services from September through December 2011. She worked with the Director of Family Support Services on an extremely difficult case during this time frame. Tiffany put together numerous documentations and did an intensive time line for an individual. This allowed The Arc of Orleans County to advocate strongly for the individual. Along with the Director of Family Support Services, Tiffany attended court procedures and attended meetings with various local agencies. If it wasn’t for Tiffany’s assistance, the outcome of this situation may not have ended as positively as it did.

It has been a pleasure to have Tiffany intern with Family Support Services!

Worked at Agency how many years: I have worked for The Arc on and off since 1993.

Went back to College in: I earned my Associate’s Degree from GCC in 1997 and will be finishing up my Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work at Buffalo State in May 2012. I will be applying to graduate school at the University of Buffalo to obtain my Master’s Degree by spring of 2013.

I went back to college because: I went back for my family and to fulfill myself. I have been through some challenging circumstances and I would like to help others to overcome any challenges they may have. I want to give them a hand up.

Plans after degree: I would like to open a mission in Medina for people in need of assistance
( homeless, lower income). The mission would provide transitional housing, counseling and living skills aimed at self-sufficiency.

I would also like to go into politics so that I can make changes that work for the people and help them to be self-sufficient.

Born: In Albion at the Old Arnold Gregory Complex in 1975.

What’s on my TV:
Intervention

Favorite movie: The Breakfast Club

In my car you’ll find me listening to: Anything but country music.

I would like to trade places for a day with: A politician.

My very first job: Double Dips. This job was where I learned my work ethic.

Favorite vacation spot: New Hampshire – I love the country and nature.

Favorite time of day and why: Dinner time because I get to spend time with my family - sons Drake (16), Gage (13), and Kole Alan (1 mo.) as well as my boyfriend Shaun Jones.

Favorite food: Homemade pizza with peppers, onions and pepperoni.

My secret talent: I have talented toes. I can pinch people, pick up things and tie bows.

On the weekend you can find me: Hanging out with my family.

What I admire most in others: Genuineness.

My heroes: My Mom and Dad. They had three children and stayed together through many things. Dad worked hard and we never wanted for anything. They taught me that it’s better to be rich in love and happiness rather than material possessions. Mom and Dad also taught me to be spiritual and to try and make the world a better place.

What I would say to a potential volunteer: Volunteering at The Arc is a very good experience. It’s rewarding and you gain knowledge of the program and the field. I am amazed at the strength of the individuals served by The Arc and I know you will be too.

No comments:

Post a Comment